There needs to be something to aim for, so here is my handful of goals for the project.
* To have the garden supply at least two thirds of the fresh food intake of the family. At last count this was me, my wife and Maiki and Jazz.
* To create a highly biodiverse micro-environment that is sustaining and is effortlessly integrated with the general household.
* To basically increase the output within the system while decreasing the input with regard to supplies.
* To reduce waste and to utilise as much as possible within the system itself.
* To record the project on this blog while working through an Introduction to Permaculture course so that I can share my records with others.
As of July 2010:
* Our average household waste for council removal is one standard shopping bags worth of garbage.
At present all bio scraps are recycled within the system either through g-pigs, aerobin, compost heap or direct digging into the garden.
All cardboard and newspapers are stored and recycled through various uses before either going into the aerobin or garden.
* Greywater from bathroom and laundary is fed into the garden and supplemented with rainwater when necessary. All drinking and cooking water is supplied from rainwater tank.
* Kitchen sink greywater is fed into a separate greywater arrangement to the bathroom and laundary and processed through the garden.