We have taken on a big project which will eventually involve us re-locating and has had us taking into consideration the type of house we want to live in and the form and function of the garden. More on this later.
- Seed saving and growing out plants for new, viable seeds or greater seed supply
- Growing plants for feeding the family
- Propagating plants for getting ready to establish for the relocation
- Seedling raising for planting out in the Seed Sanctuary at the Community Garden
- Trialing new seeds to test for suitability and use. ie. Chia, buckwheat, chickpea, linseed (Some of these are being trialled for non-edible uses. For example insect attracting capabilites.)
More on this later also. In the meantime I will be logging posts that record some of the techniques I have found to be successful in the way that we use our garden.